- Additional Information
Country of Manufacture United States Explanation
Vantage Vue gives all the weather data you need for home use, education, boating and more. This simplified wireless weather station provides accurate, reliable weather monitoring in a self-contained, easy-to-install system. The one piece outdoor sensor suite installs in minutes and starts sending data wirelessly to your console anywhere in your home, school, or business.
You'll see current weather conditions, including indoor and outdoor temperature and humidity, barometric pressure, wind speed and direction, dew point and rainfall. You'll also get weather forecast icons, moon phase, sunrise/sunset times, graphing of weather trends, alarms and more. Vantage Vue also boasts the innovative Weather Center button that displays additional data on weather variables for today and over the last 25 days.
We are now supplying Vantage Vue Version 1.1 which comes with solid state magnetic wind speed and rain sensors, improved internal cables and enhanced battery connection.
Contents Console, combined sensor unit and fixings. Indoor Unit
The console displays;
- Time & Date View the current time and date or time of sunrise/sunset.
- Moon Phase See the eight phases of the moon from new to full.
- Forecast Icons Icons let you know to expect sun, part sun, clouds, rain, or snow.
- Temperature and Humidity Console updates outside temperature every 10 seconds and inside temperature every minute. In addition, outside humidity Updates every 50 seconds and inside humidity every minute. Displays in °C or °F
- Barometer Five-position trend arrow shows whether barometric pressure is rising, falling, or stable.
- Wind See windspeed updates every 2.5 seconds. Displays windspeed in miles per hour, meters per second, kilometers per hour and knots. Provides the average and high wind speed for two-minute and ten-minute intervals.
- Display Options See updated variables every 10 seconds for heat index and wind chill to get a better "feel" for the outside environment.
- Rain Console updates rain totals and rain rate every 20 seconds for the last 25 hours, days, months.
- Change In The Weather Allows comparisons of changes of temperature and barometric pressure from day to day.
- Weather Centre Provides additional information for each weather variable, such as daily highs and lows, temperature changes by the hour and barometric value changes. Also displays astronomical data such as meteor showers.
- Graphs Graph the last 25 hours, days or months. View up to 50 graphs including temperature, rain, rain rate, wind and barometric pressure—all on the console.
- This Time Yesterday Data point on the graph indicates the weather during the same time yesterday to help compare and analyze day-to-day weather trends.
- Alarms Set 22 simultaneous, different alarms to warn of dangers such as high winds, freezing temperatures, rain rate, flood warning, and more.
- Installation Table standing or Wall mounting options included.
- UK version uses UK radio frequency 868 MHz and a 0.2mm rain collector. Station reports in Metric units.
Additional console available, ideal for viewing your weather data in multiple rooms, or leaving one connected to your PC for a live feed to your website.
PC, Mac or IP connection using Davis WeatherLink data logger and software.
Finish Sculptured dark grey plastic case. Dimensions 190 x 146 x 114 mm Batteries 3 x C cells included by Weather Shop Power UK 230V adapter included (EU 230V supplied to EU orders) Outdoor Unit
The fully-integrated, corrosion-proof sensor suite is built to take all the weather your location can give. The ISS combines a rain collector, temperature/humidity sensors, and anemometer/direction vane into a single unit for optimum performance and durability. The smaller profile sensor suite is designed to minimize visual impact in your garden or on your roof.
- Rain Collector Self-emptying tipping spoon measures rain with 0.2mm resolution.
- Anemometer Records wind speeds as low as 2 mph and as high as 150 mph.
- Temperature and Humidity Provides outside temperature readings from -40°C to 65°C. Also measures relative humidity from 0 to 100%.
- Wind Direction Measures wind direction in compass rose points or degrees.
Dimensions 329 x 146 x 340 mm Batteries 1 x LR123 lithium back up battery included. Ordinarily this should last 2-3 years. Power Solar powered Software
Can be connected to a PC, Mac or IP using a Davis WeatherLink data logger and software. This will collect time stamped data from the console at intervals from 1 minute to 2 hours.
See Davis WeatherLink product page for more details.
Note: Unlike the Windows versions, the Mac version does not include Citizen Weather Observer Program or GLOBE Program capabilities, and may not be used with Email/Phone Alert or Agricultural/Turf Management Modules.
The design of the composite outdoor sensor unit makes for an easy install with the included mounting hardware kit. The unit does need to be installed on top of a pole - see Mounting Options above for mounting pole kit and tripod options.
Customer Reviews 8 item(s)
- ISS OK. Console eats batteries
ISS is fine. However my console eats batteries. NiCad rechargeable in 2.5 days, Duracell in 3, Energizer in 3. Transformer OK. But battery consumption is a big disappointment . Not at all as described in the manual.
Weathershop: If you are using an IP logger this will consume batteries, you are advised to use the AC adaptor if logging data.
- Excellent Equipment from a First Class Business
We needed to monitor local weather conditions on a site owned by a charity providing clinical and educational services to disabled children. The Vantage Vue is a very impressive piece of equipment for the price; well-made, accurate with a fine data granularity and comprehensive spectrum of information. It is easy to set up, communicates wirelessly and is solar powered. In short, it is exactly as described by the Weathershop. The PC data-logger is recommended; with the right VPN software you can monitor the weather station anywhere in the world from a mobile phone or PC.
- Excellent Equipment
What a great piece of equipment! I purchased this weather station after I finally got fed up of my useless Smart Weather Station. This runs very smoothly, and is easy to set up. It is also very accurate. I would recommend purchasing a data logger also.
All in all, although quite expensive, this is a great weather station and well worth the money!
- Excellent equipment
I had Lacrosse equipment prior to purchasing my Vantage Vue. The lacrosse failed gradually and I could not get the software to run on pc.
Enter the vantage Vue, what a difference! Admittedly more expensive, but well worth the extra.
Easy to install, software runs perfectly, worth getting the data logger, although, there is plenty of information on the console.
I have been running my Vantage Vue for three weeks and it has proved to operate perfectly with no problems. If you want a good quality weather station, buy this!
- Far more useful than I could have guessed...
I bought this weather station with the Weatherlink IP software in September 2010 purely as a way of monitoring the weather for sailing. It has been useful way beyond what I originally anticipated. I only bought the Weatherlink IP logger because I'm a gadget nut and couldn't resist the idea of plugging it into my home network and sending data to weatherlink.com and the weather underground; however, this functionality alone meant that over the recent cold winter I was able to monitor the internal temperature of my home while I was away on vacation, and thereby watch for any conditions that may have resulted in frozen pipes. Similarly, the indoor humidity sensor has provided visibility for observing the effects of provisioning new dehumidifiers around the house for keeping condensation under control.
The only problem I have encountered was some crashing of the Weatherlink software running on an old laptop - however, this was solved quickly enough by upgrading the Microsoft .NET framework to the latest version. It has been stable since.
All in all, a really excellent, high quality piece of kit. I highly recommend it.
- Excellent piece of equipment of professional quality!
I purchased one in September,2010, currently running extraordinarily smoothly unlike my previous WMR-200 from oregon Scientific. I would personally recommend this one for any budding meteorologist seeking for the most reliable accuracy at an affordable price.
- Excellent display, data graphing and sensor accuracy
I have been running my Vantage Vue for over 6 months alongside it's more expensive counterpart - the VP2. The Vue performs faultlessly and, the new Vue Console is simply crammed with features which we wish we had on our VP2.
The amount of data stored on the Console begs the question of the need for a data logger - certainly not necessary if doing manual records as I do - well done Davis!!!
- Superb product - easy to install and setup.
Superb product - easy to install and setup.
On all orders over £50 (UK delivery address). Using this service, your order should be with you within 3-5 working days.
Standard delivery - £3.95
Our standard delivery is either Royal Mail or Interlink. Using the standard service, your order should be with you within 2-3 working days.
Next day delivery - £6.95
Place your order before 2pm Monday - Thursday and receive your order the next day (excludes Saturdays, Sundays and Public holidays).
Advantage of our next day service include:- One hour time slot notification
- Select an alternative date
- Opt for delivery to a nominated neighbour or safe place
- Collect from your local Interlink depot
- Upgrade to before 12pmInternational delivery
International delivery is available for this product. The cost and delivery time depend on country.
You can collect from our showroom. Please call before visiting to ensure we have your order ready.
You may also be interested in the following product(s)
Regular Price: £686.40
Special Price £575.00
Regular Price: £1,156.80
Special Price £1,049.00